Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Looking to get involved this summer? Take a look at the following list of volunteer opportunities with these service organizations that need your help all summer long!
- Find your special interest
- Do something with the whole family
- Give back to the community
Community Service Opportunities
- Humanitarian Service Project invites you to Strike Against Hunger Saturday, Sept. 28 at Fox Bowl in Wheaton. All proceeds will benefit DuPage and Kane county residents who rely on HSP programs.
- Family Shelter Services has immediate openings for hotline assistants to take police calls and complete reports used by their advocates to reach out to victims. Training is provided. To volunteer, email Katie Peterson.
- Enrich your life by helping others through a difficult time as a hospice volunteer with Compassionate Care Hospice. Read, play music or listen to favorite stories as you assist patients and their families. Learn more here.
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs volunteers now. Visit http://dupagepads.org/solutions/volunteer/ to help.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter.
*COD Cares About What You Care About
Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Community Relations Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage