Steven Accardi, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, English
Tel.: (630) 942-2669
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2H05B
Areas of Research Interest:
- Rhetorical Theory, Composition and Community Engagement, Rhetorical Agency, Immigration
Recent Courses Taught:
- English 2300: Honors Advanced Composition
- English 2115: Writing in the Community
- English 2105: Writing in the Professions
- English 1115: Digital Writing
- English 1110: Technical Writing
- English 1105: Workplace Writing
- English 1102: Honors Composition II
- English 1101: Composition I
- Accardi, Steven. "Beyond Critical Reflections on Pedagogy: Mapping Rhetorical Effects of Community Engagement Projects," in progress
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- Accardi, Steven. "Rhetoric and Composition as Community Engagement: Toward Mending Community and Town and Gown Divides." Composition Studies 45.1 (2017): 143-165.
- Accardi, Steven. "Agency." Keywords in Writing Studies. Eds. Paul Heilker and Peter Vandenberg. Logan, UT: Utah State U P. 2015. 1-5.
- Accardi, Steven. "The Pitfalls of (Over)Professionalizing in Graduate School." What We Wish We'd Known: Negotiating Graduate School. Eds. Ryan Skinnell, Judy Holiday, and Christine Vassett. Southlake, TX: Fountainhead P., 2015. 189-93.
- Matsuda, Paul Kei, Tanita Saenkhum, and Steven Accardi. "Writing Teachers' Perceptions of the Presence and Needs of Second Language Writers: An Institutional Case Study." Journal of Second Language Writing 22.1 (2013): 68-86.
- Accardi, Steven and Bethany Davila. "Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen: A Multifield Approach for Today's Composition Students." Teaching English in the Two-Year College 35.1 (2007): 54-61.
- Accardi, Steven. "Discursive Disclosure: Changing Tutoring Sessions to Curb Cultural
Assimilation." The Writing Lab Newsletter 30.4 (2005): 5-8.
- 2011: Ph.D., Rhetoric, Composition, and Linguistics (Arizona State University)
- 2005: M.A., Writing (DePaul University)
- 2002: B.A., Theology (Loyola University)
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage