Employment and Internships
Tiny Boots Childcare Program
A program designed to connect Illinois Veterans with quality childcare while the Veteran attends scheduled medical/counseling appointments and job interviews. For information, please review the 3 easy steps on the Illinois Veterans Child Care Program link.
Amazing opportunities exist for student Veterans! The experience gained through an internship can positively differentiate your resume and serve as worthy experience to a potential employer.
The Veterans Employment Trajectory
A 15 week professional workforce immersion program.
Professional Career Mentoring
American Corporate Partners (ACP)
A one-to-one year-long mentorship with a corporate professional in the career field of your interest. ACP mentors come from more than sixty companies including 21st Century Fox, Bloomberg, Deloitte, GE Intel, Johnson & Johnson, Lockhead Martin, Raytheon, PwC, USAA and many others.
Visit American Corporate Partners online to apply and note that you were referred by College of DuPage on your application. If you have questions, please email Maddie at email@example.com or call (212) 752-0700.
Employment For Veterans
Veterans are sought for the following employment opportunities.
DuPage County Vet Center VA Work Study
Contact Mr. Dale Anderson, (630) 585-1853
Service Technicians - Kaeser Compressors is seeking College of DuPage Veterans with backgrounds in HVACR, air compression systems, and electrical mechanical fields. If you are interested, submit an application through their website and mark that you are a veteran and COD student.Ser
- Mindful Heart, Female Veterans Research Study
- Operation Support Our Troops - America, OSOT based in Lisle is always in need of care items and volunteers to pack care
packages for U.S. troops overseas.
Consider giving some time to the upcoming Shop and Drop events in Naperville, Bolingbrook and Downers Grove:
Friday April 21, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, April 22, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact Lynn Sbertoli to get involved! firstname.lastname@example.org
- YMCA Urban Warriors, A Veteran to youth mentoring opportunity. The YMCA of Metro Chicago's Youth Safety and Violence Prevention initiative pairs combat experienced Veterans with youth exposed to violence in some of Chicago's most dangerous neighborhoods. Click here to see a compelling video of how this program is having a positive impact on Chicago's most at-risk communities.
- Honor Rewards - Offered by the DuPage County Recorder's Office, Honor Rewards is an ID card that helps Veterans receive discounts, promotions and other incentives from participating local businesses. Veterans can sign up for the Honor Rewards ID Card at the Recorders Office or on-line.
- DuPage Memorial VFW Post 2164 TV & Monitor Recycling - You can help U.S. Military Veterans and your local community by recycling your unwanted TV or computer monitors. All proceeds go directly to help Veterans with training and job placement programs.
Summer Hours: June 4 through Aug. 13
Summer hours at COD are in effect June 4 through Aug. 13. During this time, most buildings on the Glen Ellyn campus are closed Fridays to Sundays.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage