Employment and Internships
- Utility Workers Military Assistance Program Application (UMAP) Workshop - Friday, June 8 9 a.m. 1700 W 18th Street, 3rd Floor, Chicago, IL 60608. This workshop will be a great opportunity for any Veterans who are interested in learning about the Utility Workers Military Assistance Program and how to possibly become a union member of Local 18007. It is a six-month college credit program (52 credit hours). After completion of in-classroom training, there is a paid internship and job placement with a a local major utility employer.
- The Chicago Botanic Garden will once again be offering paid internship opportunities to a small group of veterans for Summer 2018 through our Veteran Internship Program. The program will run for 14 weeks from May 21 through August 24. Veterans will work 30 hours per week, under a department supervisor within the Garden and will meet weekly for small group and individual assistance to learn all the skills necessary to transition from the military to the civilian workforce. In addition to an hourly rate, veterans will receive a weekly travel stipend.
- VetTech Internship - Every summer, Fermilab in Batavia, IL hires student veterans for a 10-week, full-time paid internship as a technician in their laboratory. Fermilab seeks COD student veterans in majors like engineering, CIS, CIT, automotive service technology, manufacturing, HVACR and other fields to fill these slots. If you are interested in participating, consider applying on Fermilab's website.
- Congressional Internship - U.S. Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi representing Illinois' 8th District is seeking interns to start as early as January 2018. Visit the district's internship page to apply.
Professional Career Mentoring
American Corporate Partners (ACP)
A one-to-one year-long mentorship with a corporate professional in the career field of your interest. ACP mentors come from more than sixty companies including 21st Century Fox, Bloomberg, Deloitte, GE Intel, Johnson & Johnson, Lockhead Martin, Raytheon, PwC, USAA and many others.
Visit American Corporate Partners online to apply and note that you were referred by College of DuPage on your application. If you have questions, please email Maddie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 752-0700.
Job Opportunities for Veterans
Veterans are sought for the following employment opportunities.
The College of DuPage Veterans Services office actively seeks student veterans to fill roles as receptionists and mentors to assist other student veterans pursuing their education. If you are interested in being considered, please complete the application here.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois has an opening for a 2 year rotational HR candidate. Areas of concentration would be Talent Acquisition, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Workforce Solutions, Compensation, Benefits, Organizational Design, and elective rotations.
Cantigny Foundation, a part of The McCormick Foundation is seeking a Full Time Equipment Mechanic Assistant. Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter to MFResumes@mccormickfoundation.org
Smithfield Foods in St. Charles, IL is seeking veterans to fill General Production Workers as well as Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician positions soon. If you are interested in either position, please apply online or email your resume to email@example.com.
DuPage County Vet Center VA Work Study
Contact Mr. Dale Anderson, (630) 585-1853
- Operation Support Our Troops - America, OSOT based in Lisle is always in need of care items and volunteers to pack care packages for U.S. troops overseas.
- YMCA Urban Warriors, A Veteran to youth mentoring opportunity. The YMCA of Metro Chicago's Youth Safety and Violence Prevention initiative pairs combat experienced Veterans with youth exposed to violence in some of Chicago's most dangerous neighborhoods.
- Honor Rewards - Offered by the DuPage County Recorder's Office, Honor Rewards is an ID card that helps Veterans receive discounts, promotions and other incentives from participating local businesses. Veterans can sign up for the Honor Rewards ID Card at the Recorders Office or on-line.
- Tiny Boots Childcare Program - A program designed to connect Illinois Veterans with quality childcare while the Veteran attends scheduled medical/counseling appointments and job interviews. For information, please review the 3 easy steps on our website.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage