“Block Party” Employee Picnic
Friday, Aug. 19
3 to 5 p.m.
MAC Lakeside Pavilion
Throw on your Bermuda shorts, tie dye shirt and sunscreen, and join fellow employees and COD retirees at the COD Block Party on Friday, August 19 from 3 to 5 p.m. at the MAC’s Lakeside Pavilion followed by the fourth annual Bowl For a Goal scholarship event hosted at Fox Bowl from 6 to 9 p.m. in Wheaton by the COD Retiree Association. The 50th anniversary-themed retro bash will feature throw-back party games, team and individual challenges, tasty cook-out fare and a chance to share your memories of COD.
Let the Summer Games Begin
Team Challenge: “Price is Right: Then and Now”
- Start time 3:15 p.m. and is expected to last approximately 45 minutes.
- Teams must consist of exactly four (4) members. Each will compete one time in one of the four rounds: Wager, Classic Game, “Big Wheel”, and Final Round.
- Prizes: $25 Starbucks gift card for each winner.
Individual Challenge: Box Mix Bake Off
- Baker must use a box mix (cake, cookie, brownie, etc.) to create a uniquely transformed sweet or savory dish. Full sample accompanied by recipe needs to be presented to a panel of guest judges who will taste test each entry and select the winner.
- Prize: A new set of fabulous baking utensils.
Enjoy a relaxing game of bags, limber up with the Limbo or show off your hula hoop skills.
These activities, along with Mad Libs pages, will be scattered around the Lakeside Pavilion for your enjoyment.
“Memory Lane” Display
What’s a Block Party without stories! Bring COD memorabilia to the Block Party and display it on “Memory Lane”, an exhibition of COD’s exciting 50 years. From a 1967 Employee Directory (found hiding in a desk by Cathie Walker in Liberal Arts) to a 1974 class schedule to plaid leisure suits and really bad hairstyles, we want to see it all!
Come and Get It!
Mom’s in the kitchen and dad’s at the grill. Time for a cook-out! Our menu will include:
- Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers/Veggie burgers
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Corn-on-the-Cob Bar
- Bags o’ Chips
- Apple Pie
(Gluten-free options are available.)
COD Fuel Pantry Support
In the spirit of COD giving, we encourage Block Party guests to bring non-perishable food items to support the COD FUEL Pantry, a sustenance resource on campus to ensure COD students are not distracted from their studies by hunger (scheduled to open during the Fall 2016 semester).
Suggested items: tuna low-sodium soups, peanut butter, canned beans, pasta (whole grain preferred), pasta sauce, dried beans/lentils, whole grain cereals, oatmeal, granola/protein bars, dry soup mixes, boxed rice meals, macaroni and cheese, tortillas (whole grain preferred), bread, rice, applesauce, coffee/tea/hot chocolate, Gatorade/Powerade, Vitamin Water, juice, almond milk, protein shakes/powders
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage