Spring Applications for College of DuPage Scholars Awards Due April 1
By Angela Mennecke
The spring application period for the College of DuPage Scholars Awards is ongoing with a submission deadline of Monday, April 1.
The Scholars Award Program is College of DuPage's premier merit-based scholarship program for 2018-2019 high school graduates. Students are evaluated based on their cumulative GPA, ACT or SAT scores and their answer to the Scholars Award essay question.
The awards fall into three categories: Presidential, a two-year full tuition scholarship; Board of Trustees, $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester) for up to four semesters; and Deans, $1,000 per year ($500 per semester) for up to four semesters.
Applicants must be 2018-2019 District 502 high school graduates, have applied for admission to College of DuPage, submit a 500-word essay (topic given at time of application for scholarship) and meet one of the following:
- A weighted or unweighted high school GPA of 3.8 GPA/4.0 scale or 4.75 GPA/5.0 scale
- A minimum 29 ACT composite or 1350 SAT score
Board of Trustees Scholar
- A weighted or unweighted high school GPA of 3.6 GPA/4.0 scale or 4.5 GPA/5.0 scale
- A minimum 27 ACT composite or 1280 SAT score
- A weighted or unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 GPA/4.0 scale or 4.37 GPA/5.0 scale
- A minimum 25 ACT composite or 1200 SAT score
Overall, students must have a minimum 20 ACT composite or 950 SAT score to qualify for a Scholars Award.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage