Basic Nursing Assistant (BNA)
The Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program (BNATP) prepares students for employment as entry-level certified nurse assistants (CNA) through a combination of classroom and clinical education. This program is approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health and emphasizes basic nursing assistant skills and related knowledge. Upon successful completion of the Illinois State Competency Exam, the CNA will be recognized on the Illinois Health Care Worker Registry.
Registration for the NURSA 1105 course is in accordance with the college registration calendar AND is affected by the 90 day drug screen and TB skin tests health requirement's earliest completion date. Students are eligible to register for the course after ALL pre-enrollment academic, health, and financial requirements are completed (See the BNA Registration Requirements packet and BNA Health Requirements packet).
Fall 2017 – NURSA 1105: Basic Nurse Assistant (BNA) – Course Sessions (Second 8 week
- Registration OPENS: JULY 18, 2017 – See "BNA Registration Requirements" link below for eligibility details.
- Note regarding the TB and Drug Testing: Your TB and Drug Test must be done no earlier than 90 days prior to class start. This earliest completion date for Fall 2017 second 8 week class enrollment is JULY 18, 2017.
- Registration CLOSES: SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 at close of business day or when all seats are filled.
- Mandatory BNA Student Orientation: Friday, OCTOBER 6 2017, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Details will be sent to ALL registered students' college email after registration closes.
- Classes begin the week of October 12, 2017.
- Attend an Advising Session
- Online BNA-->CNA Advising
- Online BNA-->CNA Advising Slides
- The Hybrid (Blended) Course Advising Slides- NEW
- BNA Registration Requirements Packet (Fall 2017 through Spring 2018)
- BNA Health Requirements Packet (Fall 2017 through Spring 2018)
- BNA Handbook (Summer 2017-Spring 2018)
- Graduate Outcomes
- Course Description
- Skills Checklist
- Clinical Evaluation Tools
- Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation
Completing the Program
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
Basic Nurse Assistant
A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is an entry-level nurse assistant who helps registered nurses (RNs) and licensed practical nurses (LPNs) with a wide variety of hands-on patient care. College of DuPage offers a BNA course (NURSA 1105) that provides both classroom and clinical education. For more information, please meet with a COD Health Science advisor and attend a BNA Advising session.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage