Certificate courses of study are designed for students not pursuing an associate's degree but who are interested in taking technical or professional courses needed to enter a field of employment or to update current skills. Most courses taken in a certificate program may be applied to a degree in the same field of study. Students may engage in areas of study which emphasize:
- The arts and sciences, and offer the beginning of a baccalaureate-granting institution's curriculum
- Occupational-vocational degree and certificate programs designed to fulfill the employment requirements of the community
- Continuing education and community service programs for individuals wishing to take one or more credit or non-credit courses on a part-time basis
- Developmental programs that meet the needs of students deficient in fundamental skills
Each candidate for a certificate shall:
- Satisfactorily complete all course requirements for the specific certificate.
- Possess a minimum of 2.0 (C) average in the combined grade point average of all College of DuPage courses numbered 1000 and above on all courses.
- Complete a minimum of one-half the applicable credits at College of DuPage.
- Earn the final applicable credits at College of DuPage: a. If the program requirement is 20 credits or more, earn the final 10 credits at College of DuPage. b. If the program requirement is less than 20 credits, earn one-half the total required credits as the final applicable hours at College of DuPage.
- File a petition for the certificate at least one semester before the anticipated completion date.
- Satisfy all financial obligations and other specific requirements.
- Be in good standing at the time final credit for the certificate is earned.
View the Certificate Areas of Study
Air Conditioning (See Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVACR)
Travel, Tourism and Event Planning (See Hospitality & Tourism)
A State-of-the-Art Resource
The new Robert J. Miller Homeland Security Education Center is a testament to COD's commitment to providing student's access to the latest tools and facilities.
Go Green @ COD
The Technical Education Center sports a pair of windmills and a solar panel array for the hands-on study of emerging wind and solar energy technologies, a part of the new Renewable Energy Certificate at COD.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage