Registration lnformation for lntroduction to Physical Therapy (PHYTA 1100)
Any person interested in a career in Physical Therapy is invited to take lntroduction to Physical Therapy (PHYTA 1100).
Course Description & Prerequisite
Overview of the physical therapy profession within the health care delivery system from a historical, philosophical, and organizational context. Explores the physical therapy frame of reference in various practice and treatment areas. Personal and professional qualities of the health care provider, professional ethics, and the psychological aspects of treatment will be discussed. Prerequisite: Consent of instructor or admission to the PTA program.
lf you wish to register for Introduction to Physical Therapy (PHYTA 1100), contact Sharon Roschay, Clinical Coordinator for the PTA program at email@example.com since a Permit to Register is required. Share the following registration information:
- Identify which semester (fall or spring) and which section of lntroduction to physical Therapy (PHYTA 1100) you wish to register. See the COD Class Schedule in MyAccess for specific course information.
- Share your seven (7) digit COD lD number. (Your COD lD number is required to complete an ePermit to Register form).
Applicants to the PTA program will earn an additional + .25 partial point for successful completion (with a "A" or higher) of College of DuPage lntroduction to Physical Therapy (PHYTA 1100).
- To be eligible for this + .25 point, the lntroduction to Physical Therapy course must have been taken at College of DuPage within the past five (5) years and the applicant must have received a grade of "A" or higher.
- Note: lf it has been greater than five (5) years since an applicant completed lntroduction to physical Therapy (PHYTA 1100) the applicant will be required to repeat lntroduction to Physical Therapy (PHYTA 1100) if the applicant is accepted to the PTA program.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage